Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Definitive 1000

We are going to be counting down the Definitive 1000 things. Why are they Definitive? Because The Friendly Friends have deemed them as such.

967 - Kathleen Edwards



I love Kathleen Edwards. From the first time I heard "Six O'Clock News" on.

But why the sudden outpouring of love in the form of Enshrinement in the Much-Ballyhooed List of the 1000 Definitive Things?

I finally saw the video for "I Make the Dough, You Get the Glory" from her new album Asking for Flowers.

It's impossible not to love a song that features the following lyrics:

I'm a Ford Tempo you're a Maserati
You're the Great One, I'm Marty McSorley
You're the Concorde, I'm economy


And then you see the video and it only makes the song better. I finally got around to watching the video based on XPN's Michaela Majoun's recommendation. Pay close attention at the 1:09 minute mark.

Press PLAY

Donald Brashear may disagree with it, but this song and video is exactly what Definitive 1000 enshrinees are made of.

[Here's the inside story on the filming of the video which also features Paul Coffey]

No comments: