Thursday, June 12, 2008

It's Gotta be the Shoes Stirrups...

How else do you explain a 45 year old pitcher scattering 2 hits over 8 innings for a 3-0 shutout in the heat and humidity of South Florida?

Two hits ties Moyer's career low, which Harry Kalas pointed out he did for the first time in 1986. In 1986 I was in freaking 6th grade!!

The only explanation (besides of course conditioning, playing a sport that only involves participation every five days, throwing a whole lot of ground balls and pop-ups, etc.) is the stirrups:

1 comment:

FFSweaty Irishman said...

The first time Jamie Moyer 2 hit a team in the Major Leagues, I was 11 years old, living in South Jersey. My younger sister was 8 years old and my parents had just bought a Yugo! At the time I was preparing for Hand Acoss America! Also, some Japanese company called "Nintendo" was on the verge of releasing some sort of video game system that would make the Atari 2600 obsolete. (I doubt it)
The latest 2 hitter he threw (last night) I am 33, with a son. My sister is 30 has a child with another on the way and in video game systems nowadays, if you get shot on an X-Box game, you die in real life.
Gas was 86 cents a gallon in 1986.
Bacon was $1.75 a pound.

Basically, I agree with Jewbacca...must be the stirrups. Celebrex isn't an illegal substance is it?