Friday, March 28, 2008

Jewbacca Saves The Planet

As Sweaty pointed out, my birthday just passed.

What did I get for my birthday you ask?

Why, I received the Earthmaker Composter.

Yes. I asked for this for my birthday.

Why? Well, for the same reason Jerry returned that coat: mostly for spite really.

You see, our township has switched to an automated trash collection system. That means we got big, wheeled trashcans that get picked up by a robotic arm.

Rumor has it, eventually we are going to have to pay by the pound for trash collection. That may be how some of you do it now, but we're used to paying a flat fee to the township every year and having whatever we put out get picked up.

So the main reason is spite. I'm cutting down on the weight of the cans at the curb.

The secondary reason is that Mrs. Jewbacca is an avid gardener and has basically turned our property from an overgrown, weed-choked nightmare into a suburban oasis. What better way to help than by providing compost for her various projects?

In sum, by combining spite and the desire to help my wife (though I have a black thumb) I will be doing my part to save the planet.

Here's the Earthmaker at the Jewbacca Compound:



Here it is ready to eat our trash (organic only, please):



And here is the first load from the kitchen:



Take that Township!!



I'll be sure to keep you all updated on the quest for compost.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the SBTVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://sbtvd.blogspot.com. A hug.http://sbtvd.blogspot.com/

Yeti's Yell said...

Yeah, what sbtvd said.

When I dream it is of you in full BBQ mode transferring platters of hot pork loin, steak and fare right off the grill and right into the composter.

A man can dream, can't he?