Monday, September 10, 2007

When Songs Get Stuck In My Head, Part 382

I usually wake up with a song stuck in my head. It is totally and completely random what song it is. I wake up to news radio, so it has nothing to do with what's playing on my alarm clock.

For some bizarre reason, this song was playing at volume 11 in my head this morning when I awoke, leading me to sing it to myself all day long:


Punk Rock Girl, Dead Milkmen



And after spending a full day with it playing on an endless loop, I came to a realization.

That realization: the following gawd-awful sonic-mess of a song,


Hey There Delilah, Plain White T's



sounds like Punk Rock Girl played really slow.

Which is a shame, since I've always liked the first song and I truly cannot stand the second. Now, they will be forever linked in my mind.

Just thought I'd share.

No comments: